Mr. Cuisine’s :) homemade Raisin Bread.. Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven.…esp if I didn’t have to make it..
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
Photo by: Taste of Home
- 32 Servings
- Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 45 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- Additional canola oil
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/2 cup sugar, oil, salt, eggs and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place or until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Knead 1/2 cup raisins into each; roll each portion into a 15-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Brush with additional oil. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Tightly roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Place, seam side down, in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with oil. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 144 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread published in Best of Country Breads , p85
Fresh picked local strawberries, injected with real whipped cream…
Homemade pizza..whole wheat crust so it is guilt free..:)
And corn picked while you wait! Run home cook it and slather it with butter…a summer delight..
Laurie, and I so glad you picked My Favorite Things, because I don’t think I will ever run out of favorites!
Stop over and see the other entries this week..And if you see Laurie’s Stencils anywhere, give a yell!
Happy Sunday everyone!